The storm is now gone but did I really hear that there is another one coming on its way? I’d better get ready and not get sick again. Yes I got sick and spent the previous 3 days dragging my body from the couch to bed and vice versa. As I previously mentioned, food was all I was getting on my mind.
When you’re sick, what comes most to your mind?
What are the things that make you feel better?
That’s all I did these 3 days. I tried whatever possible to keep myself warm. But apparently food is the only thing that is as pleasing as it is warming. Since I couldn’t get out of the house, I decided to cook with whatever was available.
I found a bag of mushrooms lying in the refrigerator drawer waiting to be used. And I did the most logical thing that can be done. COOK THEM.
I searched for the easiest (knowing that I’m lazy) recipe of mushroom soup on the internet, and found this: Clean Eating Cream Of Mushroom Soup
500 g Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
4 cups chicken stock (or your preferred stock)
2 tsp. Olive oil
¼ cup flour
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cups milk of choice (I used regular milk)
– Heat the oil in the pan and saute the mushrooms in the oil on low heat. The mushrooms will release their liquids. Keep stirring.
– Heat the stock in the soup pot while the mushrooms cook.
– Once liquids from the mushrooms are released, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
– Add the flour, which will absorb all the liquid in the pan.
– Put the mushrooms in the soup pot with the stock and add the milk.
– Add salt and pepper.
– Bring to boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 min while checking and stirring regularly.
Enjoy with croutons or bake rolls
This soup has done its job; filled my tummy, and kept me warm.
How did you spend these stormy days?